Welcome to the 40th Annual NHD Utah State Contest!
Watch the Awards Ceremony (via Google)
Download Awards Ceremony Slides
Download 2021 NHD Utah State Contest Results and Special Awards List
Watch: Why be a History Major
Join local historians Dr. Victoria Grieve (Utah State), Dr. Brady Brower (Weber State), Dr. Ginger Smoak (Univ. of Utah), Dr. Jon Felt (BYU), and Shavauna Munster, M.A. (Univ. of Utah) to learn all the ways a history degree is valuable!
Recorded April 23, 2021, featuring live Q&A with NHD UT students. (65 minute listen)
Project Showcase is Open
All projects will be available for online viewing! To access the showcase:
- Select Contest in the menu bar above, then select Showcase.
- Enter this code: 82587101-8fa2-439c-bfd1-73c844a3756f
Receiving Your Judge Evaluations
Beginning April 30, login to your student account on this website. Click the Evals button in the top white menu bar, then download your judges' evaluations.
Follow NHD Utah
Each special award is sponsored by these generous sponsors:
- American West ($150), Charles Redd Center, BYU
- History in Government ($100), Utah State Archives
- Military History (varies) , Fort Douglas Military Museum
- Science/Technology/Medicine ($100), Utah STEM Action Center
- Social & Civil Rights ($125), University of Utah Department of History
- Trails Prize ($100), Oregon-California Trails Association
- Utah History ($500), Smith Pettit Foundation
- Women’s History ($100), Better Days
- World History ($125), University of Utah Department of History
Nominate your project for a special award in your student profile.
2021 Key Dates
- Registration/Cancellation Deadline: March 26, 10:00 pm
- All Projects Due: April 6, 10:00 pm
- Judging Begins: April 12
- Results Announced: April 28, 8:00 am
- Judging Evals Available: April 30, 8:00 am
To Access Your NHD Account for the State Contest
- On this webpage, click the Login button (top right of page).
- Login using the username and password you created for your first NHD contest this year. If you have forgotten it, just send us an email and we will look it up for you. (email@example.com)
- To enter your profile, click on your name.
- Students use their profile to upload their project files and keep their project information current. They will aslo use it to access their judging evaluations.
- Teachers use their profile to track their students and access their judging evaluations.
- Judges use their NHD account to enter the judging portal.
The annual Utah History Day State Competition is open to qualifying entries from each of Utah’s regional contests. There is no fee to compete at State.
- Every student who WILL COMPETE in the state contest needs to register on this website before 10:00 pm on March 26.
- If you WILL NOT compete in the state contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 10:00 pm on March 26 to cancel your spot.
Judges will not interview students at NHD Utah virtual competitions; projects will stand on their own.
National Qualifiers Workshop: May 7-8
National qualifiers should plan to participate in this virtual workshop, featuring experts who will consult with you on how to strengthen your project for nationals. Stay tuned for details on how to participate.
National Contest: June 13-17 Online
The 2021 NHD national contest will be virtual. In the Junior and Senior Divisions, the top two State entries in each category qualify to advance to nationals, and third place serves as alternate. Youth Division does not advance to nationals.
THANK YOU TO OUR STATEWIDE SPONSORS!
Contact Us: email@example.com